For every junk or unhealthy food, there is a delicious healthy alternative that will not make you miss eating the wrong foods! That’s exactly what this tasty Greek yogurt chicken salad recipe will prove to you! That was how I felt when I ate it. This food is so loaded with all the essential nutrients and will make a great meal any time, any day.
Whether you are sandwich lover or not, waking up to fuel your body with this power meal for breakfast will jump start your brain and set the day. Enjoying it for lunch will also keep you energized while it can still serve a dinner meal that snooze you to sleep.
What makes this food super healthy?
It contains complex carbs in the whole grain bread which is rich in fiber and supplies energy to the body. Low fat Greek yogurt which is rich in protein and probiotics that promotes a healthy gut and digestive system. Chicken which is also rich in protein and vitamin B-6. Other additions include apple which contains fiber and vitamins, red onions, garlic powder, almonds, lemon juice and lettuce which contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
2 cups of cooked chopped chicken
1/2 cup of diced apple or diced half apple.
1/2 cup of diced red onions
1/4 cup of silvered almonds
1/8 cup of raisins
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
Whole grain bread
Lettuce to top
- Rinse 450g or less chicken breast and chop into smaller pieces (you can bake whole and chop afterwards) and marinade with salt, pepper, onion powder, spices or seasoning of your choice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Preheat oven to 400F. Place chicken in a baking pan and bake for 25 minutes flipping half-way through. Take it out and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, diced red onion, diced apple, raisins and silvered almonds or almond flakes
- Mix Greek yogurt with lemon, garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to the chicken combination or salad in the bowl.
- Place lettuce on a slice of your bread and place 1/4 of the mixture on the lettuce then top with another slice of bread to make a sandwich. This recipe makes 4 Servings.
This greek yogurt chicken salad recipe is definitely a hit and very easy to make. I particularly love simple healthy meals that are easy to put together and very enjoyable for an individual or a whole family. Left over from this meal can also be stored but just ensure you don’t mix it with the dressing. You can take just a portion of the dressing and mix with a portion of the salad you are going to consume at a time and store excess in the fridge for the next day.
Healthy eating is not as boring as it seems. In fact, there are lots of varieties of whole foods and delicious recipes to chose from and nourish your body. Just make conscious effort to choose healthy foods and you will find yourself getting and enjoying them. Always remember that whatever you eat is either going to feed disease or fight it! Try out this recipe and let us know how it went.
See also Easy Whole Wheat Waffle Recipe
If you find this post helpful, please leave a comment in the comment section and share.